[midPoint] How do I output bcrypt hashed passwords

Dalrymple, Philip pwd at mdtsoft.com
Mon Aug 19 15:03:37 CEST 2019

I am just getting started with midPoint and am running a Docker container with
version 4.0-SNAPSHOT (git-v4.0devel-1893-gc52bf6262e) with the DB as Postgres
version 11.5 running on the container host. I have the system up and running
and have imported data from our HR system and from our list of test users
(we need to test systems with allot more users than we have within our
company so we have about 5400 standard test users). While this was not without
issues I have gotten it up and running.

I am playing around with the example resource for Postgres DB table outbound
and am trying to have the "password" column in the table have the password
in standard bcrypt format, I greped all of the examples in the resource
directory but all of them are AsIs. Is there a standard way to have the outbound
password be hashed (best would be bcrypt i.e. starting with $2b$) but any
of the standard hash forms would be good enough for now. I assume that this
should be done with a script on the output but I am new to midPoint and
can't find any reference in the wiki.

--
This email, and any files transmitted with it, are confidential
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error,

3480 Preston Ridge Road
Suite 450
Alpharetta, GA 30005

Philip W. Dalrymple III <pwd at mdtsoft.com>
MDT Software - Automation Management Company
+1 678 297 1001
Fax +1 678 297 1003