[midPoint] memory leak issue

Nicolas Rossi nrossi at identicum.com
Thu Nov 1 22:19:08 CET 2018

Hi Martin, One of our customers is running midPoint 3.7.1 and they started
having several memory issues. It has 8GB RAM and is configured to use
almost all of this (-Xms6144M -Xmx6144). Do you know if there is a known
issue with the memory on this version ?

I also found this error each time I run the Cleanup task:

2018-11-01 17:18:25,119 [] [midPointScheduler_Worker-3] ERROR
(com.evolveum.midpoint.model.impl.cleanup.CleanUpTaskHandler): Audit
cleanup: error executing work

com.evolveum.midpoint.util.exception.SystemException: error executing work

at
com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.helpers.BaseHelper.handleGeneralRuntimeException(BaseHelper.java:178)

at
com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.SqlAuditServiceImpl.batchDeletionAttempt(SqlAuditServiceImpl.java:544)

at
com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.SqlAuditServiceImpl.cleanupAuditMaxAge(SqlAuditServiceImpl.java:420)

at
com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.SqlAuditServiceImpl.cleanupAudit(SqlAuditServiceImpl.java:376)

at
com.evolveum.midpoint.init.AuditServiceProxy.cleanupAudit(AuditServiceProxy.java:113)

at
com.evolveum.midpoint.model.impl.cleanup.CleanUpTaskHandler.run(CleanUpTaskHandler.java:116)

at
com.evolveum.midpoint.task.quartzimpl.execution.JobExecutor.executeHandler(JobExecutor.java:639)

at
com.evolveum.midpoint.task.quartzimpl.execution.JobExecutor.executeRecurrentTask(JobExecutor.java:522)

at
com.evolveum.midpoint.task.quartzimpl.execution.JobExecutor.execute(JobExecutor.java:180)

at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)

at
org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:588)

Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: error executing
work

at
org.hibernate.exception.internal.StandardSQLExceptionConverter.convert(StandardSQLExceptionConverter.java:54)

at
org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper.convert(SqlExceptionHelper.java:126)

at
org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper.convert(SqlExceptionHelper.java:112)

at
org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.internal.JdbcCoordinatorImpl.coordinateWork(JdbcCoordinatorImpl.java:318)

at org.hibernate.internal.SessionImpl.doWork(SessionImpl.java:2095)

at org.hibernate.internal.SessionImpl.doWork(SessionImpl.java:2080)

at
com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.SqlAuditServiceImpl.createTemporaryTable(SqlAuditServiceImpl.java:624)

at
com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.SqlAuditServiceImpl.batchDeletionAttempt(SqlAuditServiceImpl.java:507)

... 9 common frames omitted

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: (conn:1256) Statement violates GTID
consistency: CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE and DROP TEMPORARY TABLE can only be
executed outside transactional context.  These statements are also not
allowed in a function or trigger because functions and triggers are also
considered to be multi-statement transactions.

Query is : create temporary table if not exists HT_m_audit_event (id bigint
not null)

at
org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.ExceptionMapper.get(ExceptionMapper.java:145)

at
org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.ExceptionMapper.getException(ExceptionMapper.java:101)

at
org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.ExceptionMapper.throwAndLogException(ExceptionMapper.java:77)

at
org.mariadb.jdbc.MariaDbStatement.executeQueryEpilog(MariaDbStatement.java:224)

at
org.mariadb.jdbc.MariaDbStatement.executeInternal(MariaDbStatement.java:258)

at org.mariadb.jdbc.MariaDbStatement.execute(MariaDbStatement.java:271)

at
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyStatement.execute(NewProxyStatement.java:909)

at
com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.SqlAuditServiceImpl.lambda$createTemporaryTable$2(SqlAuditServiceImpl.java:643)

at org.hibernate.jdbc.WorkExecutor.executeWork(WorkExecutor.java:54)

at org.hibernate.internal.SessionImpl$2.accept(SessionImpl.java:2076)

at org.hibernate.internal.SessionImpl$2.accept(SessionImpl.java:2073)

at
org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.internal.JdbcCoordinatorImpl.coordinateWork(JdbcCoordinatorImpl.java:313)

... 13 common frames omitted

Caused by: org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.dao.QueryException: Statement
violates GTID consistency: CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE and DROP TEMPORARY TABLE
can only be executed outside transactional context.  These statements are
also not allowed in a function or trigger because functions and triggers
are also considered to be multi-statement transactions.

Query is : create temporary table if not exists HT_m_audit_event (id bigint
not null)

at
org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractQueryProtocol.getResult(AbstractQueryProtocol.java:1114)

at
org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractQueryProtocol.executeQuery(AbstractQueryProtocol.java:137)

at
org.mariadb.jdbc.MariaDbStatement.executeInternal(MariaDbStatement.java:249)

... 20 common frames omitted

2018-11-01 17:18:25,359 [] [http-nio-8080-exec-8] ERROR
(com.evolveum.midpoint.web.util.MidPointProfilingServletFilter):
Encountered exception: javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter execution
threw an exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter execution threw an exception

Ing Nicolás Rossi
Identicum S.A.
Jorge Newbery 3226
Oficina: +54 (11) 4552-3050