[midPoint] Best practices for connector upgrades included with new releases?

Brad Firestone bhotrock at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 15:37:56 CEST 2018

Hi Stacy,

My resources are setup based on the samples.  My connectorRef section
looks like this:

<connectorRef type="ConnectorType">
<description>
                 Reference to the OpenICF LDAP connector. This is
dynamic reference, it will be translated to
                 OID during import.
</description>
<filter>
<q:equal>
<q:path>c:connectorType</q:path>
<q:value>com.evolveum.polygon.connector.ldap.LdapConnector</q:value>
</q:equal>
</filter>
</connectorRef>

It states that it's a dynamic reference and will have the OID translated
on import.  I've only gone through two upgrades, but what has worked for
me, according to my notes  is:

To update teh Connector IDs:  Verify connnector versions of the new
midPoint version. (Can be found in the release notes.)  They should be
listed in Configuration, Repository Objects, Connector - along with the
old Connector versions.  Delete the Resources (Configuration, Repository
Objects, Resource), Delete the old Connectors (Configuration, Repository
Objects, Connector). Be sure to leave the new versions of the Connectors
in place.  Import the Resources again. They should be dynamically
reconfigured for the new Connector version.

I didn't have to make any changes to the Resources.  Just the reimport
connected them to the new Connectors.  Now...whether this is a "best
practice", I'm not sure.  :-)
Brad