[midPoint] Best practices for connector upgrades included with new releases?

Oleksandr Nekriach o.nekriach at dynatech.lv
Wed Jun 13 08:32:18 CEST 2018

Hi, Stacy
I usually do the next:

   1. Open Repository objects tab/List objects then open  Connector menu.
   2. Write down what is the newest connectors OID
   3. Manually replace connector reference in every resource with the
   newest connectors OID
   4. Check if everything works fine
   5. Remove old connector from Repository

Regards, Oleksandr

On 13 June 2018 at 03:19, Stacy Brock <brock at oregonstate.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What are the best practices recommended for handling connector upgrades
> included in new midPoint releases? We recently upgraded our dev stand-alone
> midPoint from 3.7.1 to 3.7.2 following the instructions found here:
> - https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Release+3.7.2#
> Release3.7.2-UpgradefrommidPoint3.7and3.7.1
> - https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Upgrade+HOWTO
>
> However, there is no mention of what should be done for the individual
> connectors listed in the "Important Bundled Components" section of the
> release notes. Should we also follow the instructions outlined here:
> https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Connector+Upgrade
>
> Thanks,
> -Stacy
>
> --
> Stacy Brock, Software Engineer, Infrastructure Integrations
> Oregon State University | Information Services

Oleksandr Nekriach | Identity and access management engineer

Dynatech, Mednieku str. 4a, Riga, LV-1010, Latvia
<https://maps.google.com/?q=Mednieku+str.+4a,+Riga,+LV-1010,+Latvia&entry=gmail&source=g>

+37125314685 <+371%2025%20314%20685>
,
o.nekriach at dynatech.lv

www.dynatech.lv

Stay connected:
<https://www.facebook.com/DynatechLatvia/?ref=br_rs>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/17893047/>

Confidentiality Notice: This message contains confidential information and
is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the addressee
you may not copy, distribute or perform any other activities with this
information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
us by e-mail immediately. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.