[midPoint] Issues when linking an existing midPoint user to an existing AD account with different DN

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Wed Jul 11 11:27:30 CEST 2018

Hi,

I think I'm quite confused now.

If the "Office123" account exists before the operation, then midPoint
will not generate the DN. It will use the DN of that existing account.
MidPoint will do that because that account was matched by correlation
expression, therefore midPoint thinks it is a legal account to be linked
to a user. MidPoint is not generating the DN in that case. It is using
existing DN. If you want to move that account to a different OU you need
to force a rename. Strong outbound mapping should do the trick. But you
have to be careful not to influence other accounts.