[midPoint] OpenLDAP, can't search users, NumberFormatException.

Wojciech Staszewski wojciech.staszewski at diagnostyka.pl
Sat Feb 3 15:10:47 CET 2018

Well, there are some inconsistencies between LDAP Integer and Java
Integer format.

LDAP:

/RFC 4517, chap. 3.3.16 : 3.3.16. Integer A value of the Integer syntax
is a //*whole number of *unlimited magnitude**//. The LDAP-specific encoding of a value of this syntax is the optionally
signed decimal digit character string representation of the number (for
example, the number 1321 is represented by the character string "1321")./

As you can see, the maximum value of LDAP integer is practically
*unlimited*.
But if the connector recognizes the LDAP Integer value it uses Java
integer for that which has hard limit: 2^31.

What interesting, setting "long" in the connector schema to override
that, does not work.
I don't know if this is Java or connector issue, probably the connector.

Can I do something with it without getting a Java doctorate?

Regards
WS