[midPoint] Services - GUI Authorization

Brad Firestone bhotrock at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 01:14:22 CET 2018

Hello,

I am planning to make use of Services in place of Roles to grant users
access to a "service" that we provide.  An example might be "Email".  If
I understand correctly, it seems like this is a good use of Services
since I'm giving access to a service.  If I used Roles, I would probably
assign the Role: Email User.  Services just seems more natural.  If I'm
not understanding Services correctly, please let me know.

My other question is how to assign the correct authorizations for a
"delegated administrator" to be able to work with Services.  On the wiki
page:

https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/GUI+Authorizations

I find the list of all the actions including Org, Roles, and many
others.  But I don't see "Services" anywhere in the list.  So I'm not
sure how to grant authorization for the delegated administrator to work
with Services.  If it's not possible without giving "all" access, that's
okay.  I just want to know before I go too far into setting up Services.

Thank you!
Brad