[midPoint] Feature : Turn Off Form Autocompletion

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Mon Aug 20 13:00:02 CEST 2018

Hello,

First of all, I do not think this would justify invoking "security
reasons" to avoid purchasing a subscription.

Strictly speaking, this is not a midPoint problem. It is browser that
autocompletes the data. If browser misdetects the password field, then
browser should be fixed. Not midPoint.

But despite that we have been addressing autocomplete problems in the
past. However, this is very tricky. We have spent a lot of time on this.
It is very hard to find combination that would work for all the browsers
and versions in all the situations. If there is a problem with
autocomplete we will need to explore specific situation, specific
browser, maybe even browser settings. That is something that we would
only do for midPoint subscriber.

But as always, if someone has an universal tested solution we are
perfectly open for contribution.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh. But we have spend enormous amount of
time and effort on items that are "for all" and even after all this
years that effort was not repaid. Maybe you could do something that is
"for all" and either make a contribution or purchase a subscription? It
seems to me quite unlikely that a multinational company with billions in
revenue won't be able to afford midPoint subscription.