[midPoint] Unassignment workflow

Jaakko Leskinen jaakko.leskinen at qvantel.com
Thu Sep 21 09:19:56 CEST 2017

Hmm, what I effectively would want to achieve is to have an authorization role which enables the user (a manager; not a direct) to:
- see and browse the roles (or preferably just a role) in the GUI
- assign and unassign a role directly to/from a user(s) from Role > Members view
Any role assignment or unassignment should always fire a manual task workflow to prevent accidentally unassigning all members from a role.
Let’s say we have a manager of a org unit who is responsible of managing his/her user’s roles and we don’t want

Currently the assignment of a “Role-Test” works correctly and fires a manual approval task but unassignment is direct and instant without any tasks being generated.

This is what I have as the role (“Role Manager”) authorizing the above which works:
    <authorization>
        <action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-ui-3#rolesAll</action>
    </authorization>
    <authorization>
        <action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#add</action>
        <action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#read</action>
        <action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#modify</action>
        <object>
            <type>TaskType</type>
        </object>
    </authorization>
    <authorization>
        <action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#read</action>
        <action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#modify</action>
        <phase>execution</phase>
        <object>
            <type>UserType</type>
        </object>
        <object>
            <type>ShadowType</type>
        </object>
    </authorization>
    <authorization>
        <action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#assign</action>
        <action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#unassign</action>
        <target>
            <type>RoleType</type>
            <filter>
                <q:equal>
                    <q:path>name</q:path>
                    <q:value>Role-Test</q:value>
                </q:equal>
            </filter>
        </target>
    </authorization>

Any thoughts of what I am missing? Could this be related to the MP version – I’m running this on MidPoint version 3.5.

--
Jaakko Leskinen
System Developer / Team Lead
jaakko.leskinen at qvantel.com