[midPoint] uniqueness on fullName

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Wed Nov 8 11:15:09 CET 2017

Hi Wojciech,

there is only one iterator which you can use.

But you can use midpoint.isUniqueAccountValue() method as described in
the <postIterationCondition> here:
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Unique+Account+Username+HOWTO
("Iteration Conditions" part).

If you can re-use the same iterationToken value which you use in login
name also in full name, it could do the trick. I.e. if you login would
be "jsmithX10" and your full name "John Smith X10".

Future work for uniqueness is tracked here:
https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-1629, so you have the usual

On 08.11.2017 09:50, Wojciech Staszewski wrote:
> Hello!
> I know this is ridiculous and stupid, but one of our system has uniqueness on... fullName.
> Yes, we cannot have two persons hired with the same first name and last name. :(
>
> "DB error: java.sql.SQLException(ORA-20010: User with this first name and last name already exists!)"
>
> I must handle this situation in midPoint somehow.
>
> I have one iteration already in login outbound mapping.
> One system can work in several laboratories, so one user can have several accounts
> as there are "roaming" users that work eg.: mon-wed in lab1 and thu-fri in lab2
> and one login can be assigned to one lab only:
>
> iteration=0: login,
> iteration=1: login + lab_prefix
> iteration>1: login + lab_prefix + (iteration-1).
>
> I need second iteration for last name (familyName + iteration).
>
> 1. Can I have two different iterations in one schema handling?
> 2. How to make midPoint to know which uniqueness is violated during account creation (login or fullname)?
> 3. Is this possible at all?
>
> I must admit I'm stuck here. Maybe I will apply this logic to CreateScript.groovy...
> Thanks for any advice.
> Best regards,
> WS

Ivan Noris