[midPoint] uniqueness on fullName

Wojciech Staszewski wojciech.staszewski at diagnostyka.pl
Wed Nov 8 09:50:33 CET 2017

Hello!
I know this is ridiculous and stupid, but one of our system has uniqueness on... fullName.
Yes, we cannot have two persons hired with the same first name and last name. :(

"DB error: java.sql.SQLException(ORA-20010: User with this first name and last name already exists!)"

I must handle this situation in midPoint somehow.

I have one iteration already in login outbound mapping.
One system can work in several laboratories, so one user can have several accounts
as there are "roaming" users that work eg.: mon-wed in lab1 and thu-fri in lab2
and one login can be assigned to one lab only:

iteration=0: login,
iteration=1: login + lab_prefix
iteration>1: login + lab_prefix + (iteration-1).

I need second iteration for last name (familyName + iteration).

1. Can I have two different iterations in one schema handling?
2. How to make midPoint to know which uniqueness is violated during account creation (login or fullname)?
3. Is this possible at all?

I must admit I'm stuck here. Maybe I will apply this logic to CreateScript.groovy...
Thanks for any advice.
Best regards,
WS