[midPoint] Logging to logstash, concise audit log

Pertti Kellomäki pertti.kellomaki at datactica.fi
Mon Feb 20 07:29:02 CET 2017

Hi Pavol,

I had not looked in midPoint sources yet, so thanks for the pointer to the AuditService implementation. It does indeed look encouragingly simple so I think we will go the custom AuditService route.

To answer my question about logging to logstash, it was really quite simple to configure filebeat to send off midPoint logs to logstash. Below is a filebeat configuration file that works with midPoint audit log with details included. The multi line log entries are split at timestamps, and shipped to a logging server listening at host 'elk' port 5044.

/etc/filebeat/filebeat.yml

output:
  logstash:
    enabled: true
    hosts:
      - elk:5044
    ssl:
      certificate_authorities:
        - /etc/pki/tls/certs/logstash-beats.crt
    timeout: 15

filebeat:
  prospectors:
    -
      paths:
        - /opt/apache-tomcat/logs/idm-profile.log
      multiline:
        pattern: '^\[[0-9]{4}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2}'
        negate: true
        match: after

--

Pertti