[midPoint] Logging to logstash, concise audit log

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Sat Feb 18 16:35:37 CET 2017

Hello Pertti,

I'll start from the end: the role being assigned is hidden in the delta,
which is part of each audit entry record. See
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Auditing. It's not show in
the default text-based logs (at INFO level), but present e.g. in audit
records stored in repository or in text-based logs at DEBUG level.

As for your requirements: There are maybe two options other than using
standard text or DB-based logs.

 1. Write your own logger by implementing interface AuditService
    <https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/blob/master/repo/audit-api/src/main/java/com/evolveum/midpoint/audit/api/AuditService.java>.
    It's not that hard, as you can see when you look at existing
    LoggerAuditServiceImpl
    <https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/blob/master/repo/audit-impl/src/main/java/com/evolveum/midpoint/audit/impl/LoggerAuditServiceImpl.java>.
 2. Or you can use a totally different mechanism: notifications. By
    default, they're text oriented, but you can write your own
    implementation; even in groovy, using either general notifier, or
    wholly custom notifier / custom transport
    <https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/blob/master/samples/objects/custom-notifications.xml>
    (the latter two starting from midPoint 3.6, although a bit
    experimental).

I'd suggest maybe trying custom AuditService first.

Best regards,

Pavol Mederly
Software developer
evolveum.com