[midPoint] ScriptedSQL Recon task, slows gradually

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Fri Feb 17 13:34:34 CET 2017

Jason,

unfortunately I also remember similar behaviour; but in my case not when
reconciling, but when using provisioning very much (multiple users
creating hundreds/thousands of users, all of them having accounts in
AD). It was in midPoint 3.3.x, currently I'm not aware of that issue in
that environment.

Restarting CS helped.

Ivan

On 02/16/2017 08:00 PM, Pavol Mederly wrote:

> Jason,
>
> yes, now I recall that I've seen a situation like this. Restart helped
> there as well.
>
> The new AD LDAP connector with Powershell support is on its way,
> undergoing some testing now. Hopefully we won't need that C# server
> any more. :)
>
> Pavol Mederly
> Software developer
> evolveum.com
> On 15.02.2017 17:12, Jason Everling wrote:
>> hmm, this time a tomcat restart didn't help, it might be caused by
>> the .NET connector server process, which was at 3,451,768K, that
>> server that the connector server is installed on only has 4GB of ram,
>> with each recon the memory usage goes up 300mb and stays. I restarted
>> the connector service and the recon task finished in it's normal
>> time, 20min vs 1hr 10min.
>>
>> JASON
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Jason Everling <jeverling at bshp.edu
>> <mailto:jeverling at bshp.edu>> wrote:
>>
>>     I have noticed after a few days or maybe 10 or so reconciles, the
>>     scriptedsql recon tasks take even longer with each run. When I
>>     restart tomcat it goes back to its normal 20min cycle. Anyone
>>     have any ideas as to what it could be? Maybe not enough memory
>>     allocated to tomcat? I don't get any errors or exceptions, etc..
>>
>>     Thanks
>>     JASON

Ivan Noris
Senior Identity Engineer