[midPoint] query not equal - multivalue attribute

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Mon Apr 24 15:12:19 CEST 2017

Hello Oskar,

unfortunately, this type of query is currently not supported. The query
interpreter constructs multivalued "equals" queries as queries on left
join of basic entity (e.g. RUser) and the entity corresponding to the
multivalued attribute (or ROExtXXXX with appropriate join conditions in
your case).

While implementing "equals" is quite easy on such joined tables (albeit
carrying the risk of duplicate values), "not equals" is currently not
implemented. It should be doable, but it would require some
implementation effort in the query interpreter, and some (unknown)
performance penalty, as it would probably require nested queries or
something like that.

Pavol Mederly
Software developer
evolveum.com