[midPoint] Scheduled tasks are regularly suspended

Attila Szlovak attila.szlovak at motivum.sk
Thu Apr 13 15:47:34 CEST 2017

Hello,

there is installed midPoint 3.4.1 with MariaDB (version
10.0.29-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.16.04.1) and I found out that scheduled tasks
are regularly suspended and administrator's intervention is required to
resume them.

In idm.log I see errors with DB access:
"org.hibernate.TransactionException: JDBC begin transaction failed" and
"com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications
link failure"

I tried to reproduce this issue and I set up in MariaDB variable
wait_timeout to a low value (e.g. 20 sec). The result: error messages
were appeared in idm.log and after few minutes the tasks were suspended
(task was set to run every 10 sec).

I read that in 3.4.1 repository MariaDB is not officially supported so I
changed some settings/components but the result was the same (error
messages + task suspended):

- midPoint was upgraded to 3.5.1 (repository connection was set as
jdbcUrl jdbc:mysql://hostname:3306/midpoint?characterEncoding=utf8)

- repository connection was changed to jdbc:mariadb://...

Did anybody else observed this type of problem with MariaDB? Are there
any other configuration parameters in midPoint to set up DB connection
parameters or it will be needed to apply finetuning in MariaDB?
Thanks.

--
S pozdravom/Best regards/Üdvözlettel,

Attila Szlovák