[midPoint] Link accounts from different resources

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Wed Sep 21 23:03:11 CEST 2016

Hi Mariano,

not sure if I understand, but:

1) you import the data from resource1, creating users in midPoint which
are linked to resource1 accounts

2) then you can reconcile accounts from resource2 - the question is, if
resource2 is only for additional attributes, meaning, you don't want to
create users in midPoint from resource2, just to synchronize some
attributes.

If this is the case, resource2 needs:

- schemaHandling with attributes with inbound expressions - for the
attributes you wish to sync from resource2 to midPoint

- synchronization section with synchronization reactions - I guess only
"unlinked" and "linked" situations. Not "unmatched", if you don't wish
to create any new users in midPoint from resource2...

On 09/21/2016 10:10 PM, mariano marron wrote:
> Hi everyone. I hope you can help me with this issue.
>
> I have two database resources pointing to different database tables:
> resource1 pointing to table1 and resource2 pointing to table2. Both
> tables contain the same users and each user has an identifier (the
> same in the two tables).
>
> First, I import the accounts from resource1. Now that I have the
> accounts created in Midpoint, i want to get additional attributes for
> those accounts from table2.
>
> Is this possible? How should I configure my resource2 schemaHandling
> and synchronization in order to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Ivan Noris
Senior Identity Engineer