[midPoint] Discovering Custom objectClasses

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Wed Sep 21 14:37:20 CEST 2016

Hi Keith,

That's strange. If you have eduPerson in your LDAP schema then it also
should be in the midPoint shcema. Please have a look at your resource
definition - the "live" version which is stored in midpoint repository
(in miPoint GUI: Configuration > Repository objects > Resource). Look at
the <schema> part. You should see complextType definitions for all
object classes there. eduPerson should be there. If it is not there then
I would guess that one of the following happened:

1. You have added eduPerson to LDAP schema after you have initialized
the the resource in midPoint. MidPoint retrieves the resource schema
only when it connects to the resource for the first time. After that
midPoint is using the stored schema (to save round-trips as the schema
can be big). If that is the case then simply delete the whole <schema>
section and re-try. The schema will be refreshed.

2. For some strange reason the eduPerson is not visible in the LDAP
schema. What LDAP server are you using? Can you make sure that eduPerson
is visible in the LDAP schema by making LDAP search in cn=schema or
cn=subschema?