[midPoint] FreeIPA resource connector

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Wed Sep 21 14:10:46 CEST 2016

Hi Nathan,

As far as I know FreeIPA is essentially a slightly extended 389
Directory Server (previously known as iPlanet Directory Server).
Therefore you should be able to use our default LDAP connector to
connect to FreeIPA. Our LDAP connector is tested with 389 Directory
Server so it should work without any major issue.

I have just checked the code of the ConnId FreeIPA connector and it is
also using LDAP to reach FreeIPA server. I'm not sure about that
connector though. It was not developed by us ... and I see that last
commit to the FreeIPA connector was almost 2 years ago. I'm not sure
whether it is still maintained. I would recommend to use our LDAP
connector instead.