[midPoint] accessing role (and/or accessing delta and identifying change type and role added) during approverExpression

pdbogen at cernu.us pdbogen at cernu.us
Mon Sep 19 19:27:18 CEST 2016

Howdy!

I'm working on building up my approval workflow, which will look like this:

* For all role additions,
  * If Administrator is requester, auto-approve (done)
  * Look up user's manager via custom user schema extension attribute, and
  require their approval (done)
* For sensitive roles,
  * Require approval from one of specific set of users

Because I want this to be based on a role attribute `sensitive` (which I'll
extend the schema for), I thought I'd implement this as two levels; where the
second level includes an automaticallyApproved when `sensitive` is NOT set.

This requires me to identify the role that's being changed so that I can
obtain the value of the extension attribute; but the only documentation I can
find that discusses the context provided to approval expressions
(https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Some+examples) lists only `object`
and `requester` as populated into the script environment.

So main question then, is- how can I access information about the role being
added in an approverExpression?

(Secondary question- can I `induce` an approval schema via a meta-role?)

Thanks!
--
             .
Patrick Bogen .