[midPoint] Assing a role to a user via RESTfull interface

Florin. Stingaciu fstingaciu at mirantis.com
Fri Sep 16 06:18:00 CEST 2016

Hello,

As the title suggests, I'm using your REST API to try and assign a role to
a user. I've managed to do this so far by POSTing to
http://localhost:8080/midpoint/ws/rest/users/{oid} the follwoing payload:

<apit:objectModification
        xmlns:apit='
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/api-types-3'
        xmlns:c='http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3'
        xmlns='http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3'
        xmlns:t="http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/types-3">
  <apit:itemDelta>
    <t:modificationType>add</t:modificationType>
    <t:path>assignment</t:path>
    <t:value><targetRef oid="ROLE_OID" type="RoleType"/></t:value>
  </apit:itemDelta>
</apit:objectModification>

I was wondering if there was a more elegant solution to do this or if this
is even the correct way of doing so.

Thanks,
-F

ps. You guys are awesome at your response time! Congrats on your latest
release and thank you for all your help on this mailing list.