[midPoint] DatabaseTable Multi-Value Fields

Martin Marchese mmarchese at identicum.com
Fri Oct 7 20:40:16 CEST 2016

Hi All,

Within our MidPoint implementation we have a DatabaseTable resource in
order to create Users in MidPoint from a DB table.

We have also, another table where we store User IDs (FK to the 1st table)
and a multivalue attribute (say employeeType). So we'll have N records per
user in this table (PK is formed by the 2 columns userid and employeeType)
e.g.

User1,Type1
User1,Tyep2
User2,Type1
User2,Type2
User2,Type3
User3,Type3

For this last table, we have another DatabaseTable resource and we are
trying to achieve the following behavior:

- Users are created in MidPoint from the 1st DB table, using the first
resource.
- EmployeeType attribute values are added to the user only, if it is
already created, from the 2nd DB table, using the second resource. And also
removing the employeeType values as they are removed from the 2nd table.

So far we are able to create the users from the 1st table but as far as it
concerns the employeeType addition, we are being able to set only one value
(the last one the connector sees).
As we could see in the traces, every time the connector reads a new line
for a user, adds the new employeeType value but removes the previous one.

We were wondering if this is the correct approach for our needs or if we
are missing something.

Thanks in advance

*Ing. Martín Marchese*
Identicum S.A.