[midPoint] Correlation query issue with unmatched accounts

Ana Pereyra apereyra at identicum.com
Mon Oct 3 22:50:18 CEST 2016

Hi everyone! We have the following situation:

We have users that can be updated from two different resources (both
database resources). First, we import the users from resource one and then
we import the users that exist in resource two.

The thing is that when we perform the second import, we don't want all the
users to get imported into MidPoint. We have a rule based on the value of
the employeeType. Here's the configuration of resource 2:

* <correlation>*
*            <q:and>*
*             <q:equal>*
*               <q:path>c:name</q:path>*
*               <expression>*
*                  <c:path>declare namespace
icfs='http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/connector/icf-1/resource-schema-3
<http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/connector/icf-1/resource-schema-3>';
$account/attributes/icfs:name</c:path>*
*               </expression>*
*            </q:equal>   *
*            <q:equal>*
*                    <q:path>c:employeeType</q:path>*
*                    <q:value>EMPLOYEE</q:value>*
*            </q:equal>*
*          </q:and>*
* </correlation>*

This configuration works for almost every situation. When there's a user in
the database that matches one in midpoint (UNLINKED) , they are linked when
we import them; when they don't match because they don't exist in midpoint
(UNMATCHED), they are created.

The problem that we have, is when a user doesn't match any other, not
because it doesn't exist in MidPoint, but because it doesn't have the
specific value of the employeeType. So midpoint tries to create it, and it
fails because there's an existing user with the same 'name'.

What we would want, is that when a user exists but doesn't have the
employeeType value, MidPoint doesn't try to create it (maybe ignore it?).
Any help with that? Thank you very much!

Ana