[midPoint] Installation error Midpoint UbuntuServer

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Mon May 30 09:13:58 CEST 2016

Hi Alejandro,

there should be no difference if you install midPoint on CentOS, Ubuntu,
Fedora or whatever linux distribution, if you have the SQL repository
(e.g. postgres) and Java application server/container (e.g. Tomcat). Our
developers and engineers are running midPoint on our machines with
different operating systems including MacOS and Windows.

Could you send whole idm.log when midPoint is starting? Also config.xml
(you can obfuscate the password) would help.
Also please describe what versions of JDK, Tomcat and PostgreSQL are you
using.
Are you trying midPoint 3.3?

Thanks,
Ivan

On 05/27/2016 09:51 PM, ALEJANDRO GOMEZ ANAYA wrote:
> Good Morning Midpoint Team
>
> I appreciate the prompt response and the cooperation. The error
> appeared because I was using the script 3.0 assuming that it worked
> for later versions of Midpoint. I ran the correct one and Midpoint
> worked perfectly in Ubuntu Server.
>
> I would further ask about the following error message displayed when
> deploying Midpoint in CentOs 7 after doing all the above steps of the
> Guide.
> I apologize for the late reply, I’m back at work recently.
>
> may 27, 2016 2:22:37 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFORMACIÓN: SessionListener: contextDestroyed()
> may 27, 2016 2:22:37 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFORMACIÓN: ContextListener: contextDestroyed()
> may 27, 2016 2:24:18 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFORMACIÓN: No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on
> classpath
> may 27, 2016 2:24:20 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFORMACIÓN: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
> may 27, 2016 2:26:23 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
> listenerStart
> GRAVE: Excepción enviando evento inicializado de contexto a instancia
> de escuchador de clase
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
> creating bean with name 'repositoryService': Invocation of init method
> failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.TransactionException:
> Transaction not successfully started
>
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:136)
> at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyBeanPostProcessorsBeforeInitialization(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:407)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1545)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:539)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:475)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:302)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:228)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:298)
>         at
> [...]

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer & IDM Architect
  evolveum.com                     evolveum.com/blog/