[midPoint] Import AD group membership

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Thu May 19 12:16:53 CEST 2016

Hi,

MidPoint has strong and quite convenient way how to manage group
membership in the outbound direction. Which means that midPoint is the
source of the membership information (e.g. defined by roles or orgs) and
that information is propagated to the resources.

The inbound direction is also possible. But currently it is not very
convenient and you have to use a lot of tricks. The reason that this is
not so convenient is simple: the existing use-cases of midPoint
subscribers and sponsors focused on the outbound direction. None of the
midPoint subscribers or sponsors indicated the inbound direction as a
priority. Maybe my colleagues may provide some hints how to work around
this. But it might be a bit scary.

Implementing a convenient way also for the inbound direction is
something that I would really love to do. Currently this is one of the
missing pieces in the puzzle. But, as usual, this is a question of
funding. And, as usual, see here:
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/I+Need+New+Feature

However, if I remember correctly, I have seen this question several
times during last couple of months. So maybe if there are several people
willing to donate a small sum to have this feature implemented then
together it can be enough to fund the development of this feature? Are
there any midPoint subscribers that would like to endorse this feature
as a priority? Or any non-subscribers willing to partially sponsor this
feature?