[midPoint] Troubles with Live Sync for DELETED

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Mon May 9 15:38:17 CEST 2016

Hi,

if you would catch "deleted" attribute changes, it will be normal
"update" for synchronization, so the situation will be LINKED if you
change "deleted" attribute or any other attribute. So how would you know
if you want deleteAccount or modifyUser...?

How soon/often you would need to react on deleted situation? The
livesync + reconciliation task scheduled daily would be maybe simpler to
setup.

Ivan

On 05/09/2016 03:22 PM, Rijndaal Ramiji wrote:

> OK. Got it.
>
> Since I need to delete the account from the table, I think I will do
> the following:
>

> 1-      Create an attribute “deleted” on my table
>
> 2-      catch this by LiveSync
>
> 3-      process the account as Deleted assigning the specific role.
>
> Sounds great ‘till here.
>

> But is there a way to delete the row from the table, during LiveSync?
>

> I suppose I need to add 2 LINKED reaction:
>
> 1-      Channel LIVE SYNCHRONIZATION with my template (for assign the
> role) and deleteAccount as action (is deleteAccount action capable of
> remove the row if the user I use to read that table has this right?)
>
> 2-      No Channel LINKED Reaction with the standard modifyUser action.
>
> Is this correct?

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer & IDM Architect
  evolveum.com                     evolveum.com/blog/