[midPoint] MySQL/MariaDB resource can't be reached by its DataSource name

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Fri Jun 17 12:46:15 CEST 2016

Hi Ramón,

the configuration for datasource is for making midPoint repository use
the datasource instead of jdbc host/port/user/password in config.xml.
That actually works even if I don't use it very often.

But I think we have never used DBTable connector with datasource
configuration ;-)

It seems like the connector is unable to find the datasource. Have you
configured the <tomcat>/conf/context.xml as in the Data source
configuration here
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Repository+Configuration#RepositoryConfiguration-Datasourceconfiguration?
Might be that this is somehow changed for Tomcat 8, I was only trying
datasource for Tomcat 7.

But as I've said, I have never used datasource for DBTable connector yet.

I will try to setup similar setup on my side, but it will probably take
a few days.

--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer & IDM Architect