[midPoint] MySQL/MariaDB resource can't be reached by its DataSource name

Ramón Cahenzli ramon.cahenzli at zhdk.ch
Wed Jun 15 17:31:50 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to fiddle with midPoint a little and to practice I just
wanted to do something that takes users from a CSV file and creates
them in a MariaDB database.

However, midPoint is not happy with me. It gives me the following error:

Generic connector error for the
resource:b5aa9374-8409-447b-859a-cf73ee0516eb(userdb): Generic
provisioning framework error:
org.identityconnectors.framework.common.exceptions.ConnectorException(javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
Name [jdbc/peeps] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find
[jdbc].)->javax.naming.NameNotFoundException(Name [jdbc/peeps] is not
bound in this Context. Unable to find [jdbc].)

Even though jdbc/peeps is configured. I've verified it going by this
guide:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html#MySQL_DBCP_Example

And I can list the users fine.

If I configure every single step by hand instead of using the
DataSource name, it works. But that wasn't the idea of putting it in
the context :)

What can I do to use the datasources configured in the contexts? Or am
I misunderstanding something?

Cheers and thanks,

--
—