[midPoint] Password policy not applied when changing password from projection

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Mon Jul 18 10:01:27 CEST 2016

Hi,

This seems like a bug. Or a missing feature. The primary purpose of the
password policy definition here is to generate new passwords, not so
much about checking the password. The resource will check the password
anyway (or at least it should). But you are right. We want to properly
implement resource password policies also in midPoint - for cases of
resources not checking the policies and for nicer error messages.

Anyway, please file a bug report. I'll take care of handling and
re-categorizing that as necessary.