[midPoint] Relationship userType - orgType

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Thu Jul 14 17:16:37 CEST 2016

Hi,

Oh yes, there is a very nice way: just use assignments.

Users can have assignments for Orgs. They can have any number of
assignments to any number of Orgs. A user can even have several
assignments to the same org as long as there are different parameters
(orgRef, tenantRef or any extension property). Assignments can have
extension properties that define the type of the assignment if you need
that (e.g. to differentiate teacher and student). Or you can use the
"relation" feature in targetRef. We use that feature to distinguish
organization managers from members, but it should be generic enough to
also support other types (teacher, student). Assignments also have
validity ("from" and "to" dates), so they are ideal to model relations
with a fixed end date such as student affiliations to school that
automatically end at the end of semester.

Assignments are designed from the day 1 to handle exactly the use case
that you are describing.