[midPoint] Connector ENUM attribute

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Mon Jan 4 12:29:31 CET 2016

Hi Martin,

It looks like enums are not supported by the ConnId. Neither as
configuration items nor resource object attributes. See
org.identityconnectors.framework.common.FrameworkUtil.isSupportedConfigurationType(Class<?>).
I think that support for enums might be possible to add to ConnId,
although it might be a bit tricky because the values have to be
serialized and deserialized when working with remote connectors. Anyway,
the right place to discuss this is the ConnId mailing list:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/connid-users

I can only promise that if there will be a enum support in ConnId then
midPoint will support that feature as soon as possible. I would
personally like to see this feature, especially if it extends to support
both as configuration items and resource object attributes. And we are
definitely able to implement it both in ConnId and midPoint. However,
our plan for unfunded features are currently quite full, so we do not
have the capacity to invest in this ourselves unless some external
funding for the feature is secured.