[midPoint] can not import Groups as Roles with Active Directory

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Mon Feb 1 17:42:15 CET 2016

Hi Marco,

for adding existing groups, you should create a task using Server Tasks
- New task.

It should work by creating task of type "Importing accounts", specify
resource reference and kind=entitlement.

Otherwise you can create one-time reconciliation task, by creating task
of type "Reconciliation" and again resource and kind=entitlement. For
one-time recon you don't need to specify scheduling.

In both Import/Recon tasks it will be executed right after you save it.
Please try.

As for the FATAL ERROR "The given key was not present in the
dictionary", I don't know yet. Which connector and connector server
versions are you using...?

On 02/01/2016 05:34 PM, Marco Benucci wrote:
> - I'm running midpoint 3.3
> - I checked for errors, and I noticed that the live sync "Active
> Directory (users)" shows a
>
> FATAL ERROR: Internal Error:
> org.identityconnectors.framework.impl.api.remote.RemoteWrappedException(The
> given key was not present in the dictionary.)
>
> The other sync (groups) is in "running" state but has a 0 Progress.
> I'm not creating groups in AD, i would only add the existing groups.
> It seems that the clickable import works only for accounts, and they
> become users in MidPoint without troubles. Moreover, it create the
> shadows ENTITLEMENT for the groups.
>
> I hope this infos are usefull,
>
> Marco

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer & IDM Architect
  evolveum.com                     evolveum.com/blog/