[midPoint] can not import Groups as Roles with Active Directory

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Mon Feb 1 12:29:43 CET 2016

Hi Marco,

- what version of midPoint are you running?
- do you have any errors in idm.log?
- I can see 2 livesync tasks in the example (one for Accounts and one
for Groups). Are you creating groups in Active Directory after the task
is running? Or how have you "imported" the data? AFAIK Import operation
clickable from resource details works for accounts, but not sure if it
works for anything else
- are both livesync tasks running?

>From the blank situation I suppose the groups have not been yet
synchronized, but they are referenced by user accounts groups
(associations). It seems that in this case the synchronization part is
not executed. You need to synchronize the groups.

So please answer the questions above and we try to help.

p.s. please subscribe to the mailing list, I have manually approved your

On 02/01/2016 12:10 PM, Marco Benucci wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm following this
> <https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Active+Directory+Group+Synchronization+HOWTO>
> wiki page for importing my AD groups as Roles.
>
> This is my Resource XML <http://pastebin.com/74NFbNZG>, basically I
> have only changed mappings and resource properties.
>
> With this I can import users without problems and they have their
> roles already set in the
> Projections.
>
> Furthermore, in the "Shadow Details" of my AD resource, the AD groups
> have kind ENTITLEMENT, but they have not any Situation (the field is
> blank).
>
> So, I would like to import theese groups as Roles, where I'm wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marco

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer & IDM Architect
  evolveum.com                     evolveum.com/blog/