[midPoint] Immutable Config / Initial Objects / Overlay

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Fri Aug 26 08:55:16 CEST 2016

I would add my recent experience with this: I had a resource that used
ScriptedREST connector. This particular connector is not bundled with
midPoint, so I had to put it into "icf-connectors" subdirectory.
Unfortunately, the first initial import of the resource always failed,
because it was executed /before/ the connector discovery process (i.e.
the resource pointed to a connector that was not loaded yet). Upon
midPoint restart everything was OK, because the connector was loaded in
the repository. My (unfinished) overlay project is here
<https://github.com/Evolveum/iot-story/tree/master/midpoint-iot-overlay>.

If this is your case, we can think of some solution.

(BTW, importing resource via REST API should also work. I think I tried
it as well, but don't remember the details.)

Best regards,

Pavol Mederly
Software developer
evolveum.com