[midPoint] Live Synchronization Task not Syncing

Martin Marchese mmarchese at identicum.com
Thu Aug 25 21:46:59 CEST 2016

Gustav,

Thanks for the advice. We were researching on this and we found a
compatibility issue while using ojdbc14.jar driver.

- When using ojdbc14.jar to connect to the database, the value type return
by JDBC for a NUMBER column is INT.
- The RAnyConverter class, casts this INT to Long. (Line 101)
- Then it calls the extractValue method using a BigDecimal as property
value and Long.class as return type. (Line 120)
- This method (extractValue), if propertyValue is a BigDecimal, a String is
returned
- Finally, on line 234 we found this "returnType.isAssignableFrom(object.
getClass())" (what, in this case would be
Long.isAssignableFrom(String.getClass()) and it returns false, thus the
task fails).

We changed the driver to ojdbc6.jar. This version, returnes the NUMBER
column as INTEGER. The RAnyConverter class, casts INTEGER to String, so in
this case ths tasks finishes succesfully and it updates the Sync token
value.

However, it's still not syncing the changes from the database into
midpoint. I'm attaching the resource and task XML so you can look if
there's something missing there.

Thanks in advance.

*Ing. Martín Marchese*
Identicum S.A.