[midPoint] Midpoint LDAP objectClasses

Mencel, Matt mr-mencel at wiu.edu
Wed Aug 24 18:31:05 CEST 2016

OK I'm back to trying to get an LDAP resource configured.  I understand a
bit more of the workings of midpoint now so maybe I can get further on this
today.  I've used the 389DS sample as a basic starting point.

The LDAP system is actually an old Sun DS system and I'm pretty sure the
OCs are not setup according to any standard best practice.  Here is a very
basic user object example.

[1] DN = [uid=matt,ou=People,dc=wiu,dc=edu]
> [1]    -------------------- : --------------------
> [1]             objectClass : top
> [1]    -------------------- : --------------------
> [1]             objectClass : person
> [1]                      cn : Matthew R Mencel
> [1]                      sn : Mencel
> [1]    -------------------- : --------------------
> [1]             objectClass : wiuPerson
> [1]               givenName : Matthew
> [1]                     uid : matt

In my resource I've tried defining wiuPerson as an auxiliaryObjectClass
like this...

<schemaHandling>
>         <objectType>
>             <kind>account</kind>
>             <intent>person</intent>
>             <displayName>Person Account</displayName>
>             <default>true</default>
>             <objectClass>ri:person</objectClass>
>             <auxiliaryObjectClass>wiuPerson</auxiliaryObjectClass>
>             <attribute>
>                 <ref>ri:dn</ref>
>                 <displayName>Distinguished Name</displayName>
>                 <outbound>
>                     <!-- Name cannot be weak. Changes in name trigger
> object rename. -->
>                     <source>
>                         <path>$user/name</path>
>                     </source>
>                     <expression>
>                         <script>
>                             <code>
>                                 basic.composeDnWithSuffix('uid', name,
> 'ou=people,dc=wiu,dc=edu')
>                             </code>
>                         </script>
>                     </expression>
>                 </outbound>
>             </attribute>
>             <attribute>
>                 <ref>ri:cn</ref>
>                 <displayName>Common Name</displayName>
>                 <outbound>
>                     <source>
>                         <path>$user/fullName</path>
>                     </source>
>                 </outbound>
>                 <inbound>
>                     <strength>weak</strength>
>                     <target>
>                         <path>$user/fullName</path>
>                     </target>
>                 </inbound>
>             </attribute>
>             <attribute>
>                 <ref>ri:sn</ref>
>                 <outbound>
>                     <source>
>                         <path>familyName</path>
>                     </source>
>                 </outbound>
>                 <inbound>
>                     <strength>weak</strength>
>                     <target>
>                         <path>$user/familyName</path>
>                     </target>
>                 </inbound>
>             </attribute>
>             <attribute>
>                 <ref>ri:givenName</ref>
>                 <outbound>
>                     <source>
>                         <path>$user/givenName</path>
>                     </source>
>                 </outbound>
>                 <inbound>
>                     <strength>weak</strength>
>                     <target>
>                         <path>$user/givenName</path>
>                     </target>
>                 </inbound>
>             </attribute>

Midpoint doesn't like that though and tells me that givenName is not in the
person OC...

There is no attribute named '{
> http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/resource/instance-3}givenName'
> in object class '{
> http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/resource/instance-3}person'
> (defined in schema handling for 'Person Account (kind: ACCOUNT, intent:
> person)').

...which of course it is not.  So how do I define givenName so I can use it
in midpoint?

Thanks,
Matt