[midPoint] Inbound Mapping of Accounts

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Thu Apr 28 11:07:20 CEST 2016

Hi Harits,

please make sure you have inbound constructing (target) $user/name
property. Without this one you cannot create user in midPoint. I can see
you take icfs:name (identifier in MySQL db table) and putting the value
to $user/givenName. In the simplest configuration you should add second
inbound there (in the same <attribute>, just below ending </inbound>)
with target $user/name.

Also I'm not sure if the handlerUri for unmatched situation shouldn't
be: http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/model/action-3#*addUser*
(instead of ... adduser - lowercased)

These are the first things that come to my mind. Please try.

On 04/28/2016 10:21 AM, Harits Elfahmi wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm new to midpoint and currently I'm trying to synchronize my MySQL
> database to my midpoint server. It works great and currently in
> midpoint I have the account shadows in my resource.
>
> Next, I want to create user for every account in the` resource. I have
> defined the inbound mapping for the account (for some column only, for
> testing purpose), but the user didn't get created. Did I miss some
> steps or was there some configuration I did wrong? You can see my
> modified resource xml here: http://pastebin.com/Vgs1u2CY
>
> Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
>
> --
> Cheers,
> *
> *
> *Harits* Elfahmi

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer & IDM Architect
  evolveum.com                     evolveum.com/blog/