[midPoint] jdbcUrl not being read from config.xml

Florin. Stingaciu fstingaciu at mirantis.com
Tue Apr 19 21:27:55 CEST 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to switch to a mysql DB instead of h2. Here's how my repository
section looks like in config.xml:

        <repository>

>                 <embedded>false</embedded>
>

>> <repositoryServiceFactoryClass>com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.SqlRepositoryFactory</repositoryServiceFactoryClass>
>
>                 <driverClassName>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driverClassName>
>
>                 <hibernateHbm2ddl>update</hibernateHbm2ddl>-->
>

>> <hibernateDialect>org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect</hibernateDialect>
>
>                 <jdbcUsername>midpoint</jdbcUsername>
>
>                 <jdbcPassword>password</jdbcPassword>
>
>                 <jdbcUrl>jdbc:mysql://
>> v-midpdb-001-exmaple.net:3306/midpoint</jdbcUrl>
>
>         </repository>

 Upon starting tomcat7, I find the following error under idm.log:

acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to
> acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the maximum
> number of allowed acquisition attempts (30). Last acquisition attempt
> exception:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'midpoint'@'100.80.134.132'
> (using password: YES)

The IP address 100.80.134.132 actually maps to the localhost, not
v-midpdb-001-exmaple.net. It seems that jdbcUrl reverts to the default from
the SQL class: jdbc:mysql://localhost/midpoint. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
-F