[midPoint] Importing objects remotely

Katka Valalikova katkav at evolveum.com
Wed Oct 21 15:03:16 CEST 2015

Hi Samu,

there is also possibility to create objects without accessing midPoint GUI using REST API. For example, if you want to import resource definition, you can use following curl command:
curl --user administrator:5ecr3t -H "Content-Type: application/xml" -X POST http://localhost:8080/midpoint/ws/rest/resources -d @ pathToYourXmls\resource.xml -v

for other types of objects, you will need to update url with the appropriate type, e.g:

    * create connector host: http://localhost:8080/midpoint/ws/rest/connectorHosts
    * create object template: http://localhost:8080/midpoint/ws/rest/objectTemplates

More documentation for REST API can be found in wiki .

Best regards,
Katarina Valalikova

Dňa 21. 10. 2015 o 13:32 Samu Viitanen napísal(a):

Thank you for your quick response Pavol. I will use the executeChanges method for now.

- Samu