[midPoint] Importing objects remotely

Samu Viitanen zamppa90 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:32:46 CEST 2015

Thank you for your quick response Pavol. I will use the executeChanges method for now.

- Samu

To: midpoint at lists.evolveum.com
From: mederly at evolveum.com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 12:10:05 +0200
Subject: Re: [midPoint] Importing objects remotely

    Samu,

      you're right: the model WS interface doesn't contain such a
      method. (I consider implementing it, but it's a low priority for
      me, mainly because of 3.3 release that is quickly coming.)

      In the meanwhile, you can safely use executeChanges method. But
      you need to call it one-object-at-a-time. And perhaps don't forget
      to set "overwrite" option. Also, set "isImport" option, if you
      want to evaluate search filters in the imported objects.

      Best regards,

      Pavol

      Hello,

        I want to import certain objects (Connector hosts, resource
        references, user templates, etc.) without accessing the midPoint
        GUI. Is it possible to import objects through the Model WS
        Interface, or do I have to write a program with the Model
        interface to import such objects? I did not find any references
        or guides on how to import objects like this into midPoint.

        Best Regards

        Samu Viitanen