[midPoint] user login / password (rest-role)

Tue Nov 17 18:30:20 CET 2015

I am trying to figure out how to add a "rest-role" in modpoint
unfortunately without success...

Digging in the sources I found two xml files: one for the "admin" the
other for "superuser" definition, both located in "initial-objects".
Furthermore I found a "Role-rest.xml" which is never used apart from
tests. Naivly I copied the Role-rest.xml to initial-objects and
restarted the server, no success.
I simply tried to recreate the REST-role via the admin UI (similar to
End User or Superuser), but again without success, access still fails.

Can anyone please give me a hint how to activate the "REST"-role in
midpoint so I can assign it to a particular user via admin UI?
Any hint or link to the documentation is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jens