[midPoint] Build with updated system configuration

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Thu Nov 12 08:37:50 CET 2015

Hi Anton,

the only thing I know is that midPoint is importing objects from WAR
file directory WEB-INF/classes/initial-objects. These seem to be
imported in the order of sorted files. But I assume the objects are
imported only if they are not already present in repository.

But it's interesting for me that you need to restart midPoint to apply
configuration. For everything in System Configuration I'd NOT expect
restart. Logging configuration, object template references etc. are
immediately active and when changed, system configuration is reloaded.

On 11/05/2015 01:46 PM, midpoint at mybtinternet.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Currently I use REST to update my system's configuration at
> (automated) build time. This works, however
>   it requires midPoint to be up and I need to restart post update to
> make the configuration active. Is it possible
>   to update the configuration prior to or during (initial) start-up?
> e.g. can I get midPoint to import custom
>   configuration, system configuration, templates, policies etc at
> start-up? Thx
>
> Regards,
>   Anton

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer & IDM Architect
  evolveum.com                     evolveum.com/blog/