[midPoint] search using midpoint script library

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Fri Mar 13 11:11:33 CET 2015

Hi Paul,

On 03/13/2015 10:15 AM, Paul Heaney wrote:
> I was wondering if we could use associations in midPoint 3 to do this?

If you think about using associations to represent user-assistant
relation in midPoint then the answer is no. Associations are designed to
apply to accounts and entitlements (or between entitlements, e.g. in
case of nested groups). But this means they are designed to be used
between resource objects, not midPoint objects. In midPoint you can
directly use object references. E.g. create an extended "property" that
is of type ObjectReferenceType.

If you think about using associations between objects on AD to
synchronize the data into midPoint then this is a good idea. The bad
news is that we do not yet have a way how to use that conveniently in
inbound expressions. This is a known limitation:
https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-2104

So currently your best chances are to use the value of "assistant" as a
simple string value and use the search in the inbound expressions. The
search may be a bit slow, but it should work.