[midPoint] Active Directory and custom attributes & auxiliary objectclass

midpoint at mybtinternet.com midpoint at mybtinternet.com
Tue Jul 7 16:07:35 CEST 2015

Hi,
  Extending the default user objectClass is just wrong ...
  Thx Pavol for the detailed response; much appreciated!
  Jason, yes, this is exactly what I want to do. I was thinking that since all the attributes can be defined against
  the midPoint __ACCOUNT__ and still read + update the attributes defined as auxiliary in AD, the only thing I
  need to achieve is make the connector add the auxiliary class by default on user create.
  I was able to do this with OpenIDM by defining (where tscPerson is my auxiliary class):
        "accountObjectClasses" : [
            "organizationalPerson",
            "person",
            "user",
            "tscPerson"
        ],
  Jason; did you define your custom attributes against __ACCOUNT__ in the ObjectClassesExtensionFile or
  against the appropriate auxiliary class? Also, as the account create is atomic, did you override the create
  script? Do you have a sample you could share?
  If I try to add a custom attribute against the custom class in ObjectClassesExtensionFile; how do I indicate
  this applies to the account? midPoint complains that the attribute is not part of the AccountObjectClass -
  which makes sense ...
  Thx
Regards,
  Anton