[midPoint] Target Synchronization/Reconcilation

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Tue Feb 17 10:12:47 CET 2015

Hi Anand,

correlation/confirmation expression tell midPoint, how to check if the
account in the resource has an owner in midPoint.

Based on result, synchronization situation is determined (UNMATCHED,
UNLINKED, LINKED etc.) and corresponding action (link, delete, ...) can
be executed.

These settings are per resource e.g. LDAP resource) and per object type.
In minimum configuration, for default account (kind=account,
intent=default). Different configuration can be specified for different
account types or other objects (e.g. groups).

The configuration WHEN the synchronization should be performed differs.
It can be:
- opportunistic sync: no tasks; midPoint can detect inconsistencies
while provisioning (i.e. trying to create an account in LDAP, but the
account is already there)
- livesync: livesync task running; midPoint can detect inconsistencies
in real time (if the resource supports it; i.e. OpenDJ or Oracle DSEE
have changelog plugin which can be used). Livesync task detects CHANGES
in the resource accounts.
- reconciliation: reconciliation task running; midPoint can detect
inconsistencies in scheduled times. Reconciliation task processes ALL
resource objects, not only changes.

All or our resource samples with "-sync" in the filename should be
configured for livesync synchronization and they should also include the
task.

Regards,
I.

On 02/17/2015 07:50 AM, Anand Kothekar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was working on Synchronization where I have a requirement to keep
> data in resource and midpoint repository synchronized.
>
> like If any account exists on ldap then it should be linked with the
> user matching with the uid of user in midpoint.
>
> I have gone through the concept of correlation and confirmation
> expression but I am not clear with the proper approach to follow.
>
> please le me know how to achieve this and also mention any sample
> example for it.
>

> Thanks,
> Anand

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer & IDM Architect
  evolveum.com                     evolveum.com/blog/