[midPoint] Setting object template on createOnDemand role

Devin Rosenbauer devin at identityworksllc.com
Wed Dec 9 22:47:24 CET 2015

Is it possible to set the object template on a particular type of
createOnDemand role? I'd rather not use the global role template if
possible. (Alternatively, it would be nice if you could do a conditional
include.)

I tried the following:

               <populateItem>
                  <expression>
                     <value>10000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000241</value>
                  </expression>
                  <target>
                     <c:path>objectTemplateRef</c:path>
                  </target>
               </populateItem>

I also tried using an <assignmentTargetSearch> tag to look up the object
template object. I also tried specifying the target as c:objectTemplateRef,
c:objectTemplate, and objectTemplate.

For example:

               <populateItem>
                  <expression>
                     <assignmentTargetSearch>
                        <targetType>c:ObjectTemplateType</targetType>
                        <filter>
                           <q:equal>
                              <q:path>c:oid</q:path>
                              <expression>

<value>10000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000241</value>
                              </expression>
                           </q:equal>
                        </filter>
                     </assignmentTargetSearch>
                  </expression>
                  <target>
                     <c:path>c:objectTemplate</c:path>
                  </target>
               </populateItem>

The error messages indicate that the target is the problem. "No target item
that would conform to the path objectTemplate in expression in mapping in
objectTemplate"

There doesn't seem to be a sample for doing this, and the documentation
only shows how to set it globally for users and roles.

How would one go about doing this? Is there a better way to do this sort of
thing in Midpoint?

--
Devin Rosenbauer
Principal Consultant