[midPoint] Create account on resource with disable state

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Mon Dec 7 15:46:15 CET 2015

Hi,

On 11/11/2015 01:40 PM, Roman Pudil - AMI Praha a.s. wrote:
> I have a user in midPoint with enabled state. Now, I want to create
> new account on Active Directory resource, but with disabled
> state. Then AD admin performs settings of this account (add another
> info, add initial password etc.) and enable it. And from now i want to
> manage user/account state from midPoint.
> Another words, I need set disable state of account during creation on
> resource (independent on user state in midPoint), and later I need
> manage state from midPoint.
> How to construct "activation" part in resource definition (or
> "inducement" part in role, which assigned this resource)?

You need a weak outbound mapping for administrativeStatus. Weak mapping
will only be applied when there is no target value. For activation
administrativeStatus this only happens when the account is created. So
that should work for you.

Alternatively you can use "operation" variable. This variable should be
available to all mappings. It describes the operation that is being
performed (add, modify or delete).