[midPoint] LDAP List Account Error

Stephen Barker sbarker at illinois.edu
Fri Aug 7 20:27:08 CEST 2015

Hello,

We are having an issue with the LDAP connection to an Novell eDirectory
when listing accounts.

For some reason we are seeing this in the logs:

2015-08-07 13:12:46,995 [PROVISIONING] [ajp-bio-8019-exec-4] ERROR
(com.evolveum.midpoint.provisioning.impl.ProvisioningServiceImpl): null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at
org.identityconnectors.ldap.ADLdapUtil.objectGUIDtoString(ADLdapUtil.java:125)
~[connector-ldap-1.4.0.49.jar:na]

Why is the ldap connector using the specific ADLdapUtil? Looking at the
source for this utility library it looks to use specific AD objects
which will not work for us for the Novell eDirectory.

Is there are way around this? We cannot upgrade midPoint versions at
this time.

More information:
midPoint Version: 3.1
OS: RHEL6
connector-ldap Version: connector-ldap-1.4.0.49

I appreciate any assistance!

--
Thanks,
Stephen Barker
sbarker at uillinois.edu
265-0942
--
"we tend to be masters of our own fate, the only thing that stops us
from doing really cool things is time." -- Monty Oum