[midPoint] Securing the GUI

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Tue Aug 4 19:22:35 CEST 2015

Hello Pat,

user reconciliation is actually executed as an empty modify action, with
the option of reconcile=true.

So I would suggest you to set the following authorizations (provided
that view only access is set up):

<authorization>
<action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#modify</action>
       <phase>execution</phase>
       <object>
          <type>UserType</type>
       </object>
       <object>
          <type>ShadowType</type>
       </object>
</authorization>

This ensures that the user can do any modification that would be
computed by the reconciliation.

But you need to specify that the user can not request anything
explicitly. This seems to work:

<authorization>
<action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#modify</action>
       <phase>request</phase>
       <object>
          <type>UserType</type>
       </object>
       <c:item>dummyItem</c:item>
</authorization>

(dummyItem is any non-existing item name - if there were no items
specified, requester could modify anything)

After applying this, I am able to request a reconciliation of given
user(s) from the user list page.
Actually I cannot display user details but maybe it's some
misconfiguration at my side.

Overall, I'm not a big expert in authorizations; maybe someone on this
list could improve this suggestion. :)

Best regards,
Pavol