[midPoint] Importing accounts from AD.

Deepak Natarajan dnataraj at trilobytesystems.com
Tue Sep 23 15:19:30 CEST 2014

Hi everyone -

I'm trying to import accounts from Active Directory. I'm not sure how to
begin this - since all my provisioning has been "outwards" from Midpoint
to AD.
Since we have groups in AD that are not in the source system, I was
trying to import the user, orgs and groups from AD into Midpoint.

I took my AD resource, and added inbound mappings (I'm silently praying
that if done properly, this would suffice). When I run the import tasks,
I get this message after about 40 minutes  :

2014-09-23 14:48:58,951 [] [ClusterManagerThread] ERROR
(com.evolveum.midpoint.task.quartzimpl.execution.StalledTasksWatcher):
Task Task(id:1411475366750-0-1, name:AD Account Import Test1,
oid:d4df2bb3-8808-4ac5-800e-31b91641fe21) seems to be stalled (started
Tue Sep 23 14:29:26 CEST 2014; progress is still 0, observed since Tue
Sep 23 14:38:53 CEST 2014)

I dont see any users being provisioned, orgs or groups. I don't see any
errors either.

Are there any rules of thumb I need to fllow for inbound sync from LDAP
/ AD?

Since I have a non-trivial mechanism to provision OU's and groups (using
meta-roles and such) would importing users naturally import orgs and
groups, or should I have a separate import for orgs and groups?

Just trying to get a grip on the basics.

Thanks in advance -
--
Deepak Natarajan